The days of having to wear braces for months or even years in order to improve your smile are a thing of the past. Thanks to improvements in dental technology you can now straighten your teeth in a year and in some cases even less than a year!
Want to improve your smile? Learn how you can straighten your teeth in less than a year.
The Secret to Straight Teeth in a Year is Invisalign
People are able to straighten in less than a year with the help of Invisalign. Using the latest dental technology to create a series of clear plastic aligners, Invisalign can quickly shift your teeth into proper alignment faster than traditional braces.
The amount of time it will take to get you straight teeth with Invisalign will depend upon your individual situation. People who only need minor adjustments to their teeth can get a straighter smile in as little as four to six months. Patients who need moderate adjustments can get straighter teeth in 9 to 12 months.
While the average time for Invisalign treatment is approximately 12 months, there are some severe cases that may take longer. If there is a need for dramatic adjustment of the teeth, Invisalign treatment could last 18 to 24 months.
How Will You Know How Long Your Invisalign Treatment will Last?
Before you make a commitment to undergo orthodontic treatment using Invisalign, you will need to attend a consultation with your dentist. During the consultation, your dentist will take a series of x-rays that will be used to create your Invisalign treatment plan.
Once the x-rays have been taken, your dentist will use computer technology to create your treatment plan. The computer technology allows your dentist to show you exactly how your teeth will shift and move with Invisalign and how long it will take for these changes to occur.
In addition to explaining how long treatment will last, your dentist will talk to you about how many aligners you will need to use. He or she will explain how many aligners are needed and how often you will need to change them out. Your dentist will also explain how often you will need to visit the dentist for checkups.
Reasons Why People are Choosing Invisalign Over Traditional Braces
The ability to get a straighter smile faster is just one of the reasons why people are choosing Invisalign over traditional braces. Some of the other reasons why Invisalign is one of the most popular orthodontic treatment options include:
- Very few food and drink restrictions. Invisalign aligners can be removed which allows you to eat or drink whatever you want whenever you want. All you have to do is pop the aligners out, eat or drink what you want, then pop the aligners back in.
- Fewer office visits. Traditional braces require you to visit the orthodontist every three to four weeks for adjustments. People who use Invisalign will only need to visit their dentist every six to eight weeks to check to make sure their teeth are properly shifting.
- Cost. Invisalign is often less expensive than traditional braces. This allows people to easily fit it into their budget.
- Aligner trays are invisible. The use of invisible aligner trays is especially important for adults who are looking to straighten their teeth. They no longer have to walk around with visible wires and brackets in their mouth. The aligner trays for Invisalign can barely be seen by the naked eye.
- Improved oral health. Brushing and flossing when you have traditional braces can be time-consuming and difficult. People choose Invisalign because it is easy to brush and floss. You just unclip the aligner trays, brush and floss as you regularly would if you weren’t straightening your teeth, and then clip the trays back in.
Interested in straightening your teeth in 12 months? Call Bonham Dental Arts today to schedule a consultation with our dentists to see if you are a good candidate for Invisalign.